Make a traditional sofrito by finely chopping an onion or shallots and sauté in olive oil for a few minutes. Add rice and stir to coat, cook until edges become slightly translucent. Stir in a cup of good white wine. Pour another cup into your wine glass and enjoy- stir as it becomes absorbed by the rice. Gradually stir in HOT broth (chicken or vegetable) 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until risotto is creamy and al dente. Finish by adding a healthy grating of parmesan cheese and a pat or two of butter if you are feeling decadent. Sauté fresh spinach or greens with sliced Wild Mushrooms (Morel, chanterelle, lobster, Black trumpet etc), add a smidgen of garlic and olive oil until greens wilt and mushrooms are tender (3-6 minutes depending on the type of mushroom). Spoon half into your risotto and then top with the rest. Pass more fresh parmesan at the table and grind on fresh pepper and Maldon sea salt flakes.
- 1/2 to 1 lb Morel Mushrooms – Fresh
- olive oil ( J Le Blanc preferred)- 1 Tbsp
- Shallot or sweet onion- 2 shallot or one small onion- minced
- White wine ( your favorite)- 1 cup
- stock , chicken or vegetable- HOT - approximately 3 cups
- Fresh spinach or chard,chopped 2 cups
- Fresh parmesan- 1 cup grated